LIMITED EQUIPMENT WARRANTY
Star Manufacturing [as well as its subsidiaries, Toastmaster and Holman] warranties new products to be free from defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of one  year from the date of original installation, except as noted below. Defects that occur as a result of normal use, within the time period and limitations defined in this warranty, will at Star’s discretion have the parts replaced or repaired by Star or a Star-authorized service agency.
THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO ALL LISTED CONDITIONS.
Repairs performed under this warranty are to be performed by a Star authorized service agency. Star will not be responsible for charges incurred or service performed by non-authorized repair agencies. In all cases, the nearest Star-authorized service agency must be used. Star will be responsible for normal labor charges incurred in the repair or replacement of a warrantied product within 50 miles (80.5 km) of an authorized service agency. Time and expense charges for anything beyond that distance will be the responsibility of the owner. All labor will need to be performed during regular service hours. Any overtime premium will be charged to the owner. For all shipments outside the U.S.A. and Canada, please see the International Warranty for specific details. It is the responsibility of the owner to inspect and report any shipping damage claims, hidden or otherwise, promptly following delivery. No mileage or travel charges will be honored on any equipment that is deemed portable. In general, equipment with a cord and plug weighing less than 50 lb. (22.7 kg) is considered portable and should be taken or shipped to the closest authorized service agency, transportation prepaid.
PORTABLE EQUIPMENT EXAMPLES
- 514LL fryer
- 15MC and 18MCP hot food merchandisers
- QCS1, QCS2, and RCS2 toasters
- 16PD-A pretzel merchandisers
- Condiment dispensers except HPD- and SPD-series models
- All pop-up toasters
- All pastry display cabinets
- All heat lamps
- J4R popcorn machine
- 12NCPW and 15NCPW nacho merchandisers
- Nacho cheese warmers except 11WLA-series models
- Specialty food warmers except 130R, 11RW, and 11WSA models
- All butter dispensers
- All nacho chip merchandisers
- All accessories
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
- Any product which has not been used, cleaned, maintained, or installed in accordance with the directions published in the appropriate installation sheet and/or owner’s manual as well as national and local codes, including incorrect gas, electrical, or water connection. Star is not liable for any unit which has been mishandled, abused, misapplied, subjected to chlorides, harsh chemicals, or caustic cleaners, damaged from exposure to hard water, modified by unauthorized personnel, damaged by flood, fire, or other acts of nature [or God], or which have an altered or missing serial number.
- Installation, labor, and job checkouts, calibration of heat controls, air and gas burner/bypass/pilot adjustments, gas or electrical system checks, voltage and phase conversions, cleaning of equipment, or seasoning of griddle surface.
- Replacement of fuses or resetting of circuit breakers, safety controls, or reset buttons.
- Replacement of broken or damaged glass components, quartz heating elements, and light bulbs.
- Labor charges for all removable parts in gas charbroilers and hotplates, including but not limited to burners, grates, and radiants.
- Any labor charges incurred by delays, waiting time, or operating restrictions that hinder a service technician’s ability to perform service.
- Replacement of items subject to normal wear or items that can easily be replaced during a daily cleaning routine, such as but not limited to knobs, bulbs, fuses, quartz heating elements, baskets, racks, and grease drawers.
- Components that should be replaced when damaged or worn, but have been field-repaired instead [eg. field-welded fry pots]
- Any loss of business or profits.
|Star-Ultra Max® fryers, griddles, charbroilers, and hotplates||2 years||2 years|
|Star-Max® fryers, griddles, charbroilers, and hotplates||2 years||2 years|
|Jetstar® popcorn poppers||2 years||2 years|
|Staltek™ roller grill coatings||5 years|
|Cast iron grates, burners; and burner shields||180 days|
|Star, Toastmaster, or Holman parts sold to repair equipment||90 days|
|Service First||1 year|
Should you require any assistance regarding the operation or maintenance of any Star equipment; write, phone, fax or email our service department. In all correspondence mention the model number and serial number of your unit, as well as the voltage or type of gas you are using.
Business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST)
The foregoing warranty is in lieu of any and all other warranties expressed or implied and constitutes the entire warranty. 2M-Z21647 ∙ Rev. E ∙ 01.2019
Download a pdf version of the warranty here